Difference Between MCB , MCCB
The Difference Between MCB & MCCB?
1- Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) :
The Miniature Circuit Breaker is an electromechanical gadget which, consequently, turn off the circuit at whatever point the irregular condition happens. It effectively faculties the overcurrent caused by the short out.
The working rule of the smaller than usual circuit is extremely straightforward. Their fundamental capacity is to shield the gear from overcurrent. It has two gets in touch with one is versatile, and the other one is settled. At the point when the current increments from as far as possible, their versatile contacts are detached from the settled contacts which make the circuit open and separates them from the fundamental supply.
2- Moulded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
The MCCB remains for Moulded Case Circuit Breaker. It is a shielding gadget which shields the circuit from over-burdening. It is fundamentally utilized in a place where flexible stumbling requires. The current rating is up to 2500 amps. It is fundamentally utilized for high current applications. The MCCB has a physically worked switch for stumbling the circuit.
The MCCB has two courses of action. One of them for the oven temperature and the other for the overcurrent. It comprises bimetallic contact which grows and contracts when the temperature of the MCCB changes.
Amid the ordinary working conditions, the contact enables the current to course through the circuit. In any case, as the current ascents past the predefined esteem, at that point, their contacts will warm and grow until the point when the contacts are open. Accordingly, disengaged the circuit from the principal supply and shields the gear from harm.
– Key Differences Between MCB and MCCB:-
- The MCB is a kind of switch which shields the framework from over-burden current while the MCCB shields the framework from over temperature and short out current.
- The stumbling circuit of the MCB is settled while in MCCB it is versatile.
- Note: The stumbling circuit kill on and the stream of electrical flow. At the point when overcurrent moves through the MCB and MCCB it stops the switch and thus shields the hardware from harm.
- The MCB has single, two, or three-shaft variant, though the MCCB has single, two three or four post-adaptation.
- Note: Pole in MCB is the number of stages utilizes by the electrical switch for the exchanging and assurance.
- The intruding on a current of the MCB is the 1800amps, and for MCCB it is 10k – 200 k.
- Note: The intruding on current is the most extreme current that the electrical switch can hinder without being disturbed.
- The remote on/off isn’t conceivable in MCB while it is conceivable in MCCB by the utilization of shunt wire.
- The rating current of MCB is 100 amps through the rating current of MCCB is 10 – 200 amps.
- Note: The evaluated current is the most extreme current that the electrical switch should draw.
- The MCB is for the most part utilized in a low current circuit while MCCB is utilized for the overwhelming current circuit.
- The MCCB is utilized for the residential reason, and MCCB is utilized in substantial ventures.
- The MCB and MCCB both are the thermomagnetic gadgets and are arranged under low voltages breaker..
If you have any questions do not hesitate to leave a comment.