WHY DON’T BIRDS GET ELECTROCUTED SITTING ON POWER LINES?
Birds don’t get electrocuted on wires because they are not completing the circuit that is required for electricity to flow.
They are at the same voltage or potential as the wire, so the current ignores their presence and travels through the wire instead.
However, if they touch the ground or a different wire, they would act as a conductor and get electrocuted.
Their body is not a good conductor of electricity. They get an electric charge, but no current flows through them.