Why doesn’t neutral wire give a shock?
The neutral wire is the wire that carries the current back to the source after it passes through the load (such as a light bulb or an appliance).
The neutral wire is usually connected to the ground at the main panel, which means it has the same potential as the earth.
This is why the neutral wire does not give a shock under normal circumstances, because there is no potential difference between the wire and your body. 🌎
However, there are some situations where the neutral wire can become dangerous and give a shock.
For example, if the neutral wire is broken or loose, it can create an open circuit and cause the voltage to rise on the neutral wire. This can happen if there is a short circuit or a fault in the wiring.
Another example is if the hot and neutral wires are reversed or connected together, which can also cause the neutral wire to become hot. This can happen if there is a mistake in the wiring or a faulty switch. 🔥
Therefore, you should always be careful when working with electrical wires and circuits, and never touch any wire unless you are sure it is safe.
You should also use a voltage tester or a multimeter to check the wires before touching them, and turn off the power at the main panel before doing any electrical work. You should also wear rubber gloves and shoes to insulate yourself from the ground.
⚡I hope this answer helps you understand why the neutral wire does not give a shock normally, but can be dangerous in some cases.